Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Noise

oh. my. god.

2+ of my neighbors are currently having a chatfest in the hall. Keep in mind that quiet hours started at 11pm, and when I came back to my room shortly after 11 all their doors either said "sleeping" or "studying." And now they're in the hallway giggling in such a way that they sound like monkeys.

...Okay, one of my neighbors/their friends just came down the hall, reminded them of one of our neighbor's/my friend's early work schedule ("don't make her come down here!"), and essentially told them to cram it in a friendly tone. Thank you, friendly neighbor.

These girls who are always in the hallway giggling like monkeys... I don't know. They're nice girls, don't get me wrong (well, one doesn't really acknowledge me at all, so I could actually be wrong). But something about them bothers me. Maybe it is the chatting/giggling. Maybe it's the times of the chatting/giggling (after quiet hours, or at 9am on a day I get to sleep in). Maybe it's the fact that my messy room is surrounded by obsessively neat rooms. Maybe it's the fact that they have tons of pictures on their doors of themselves with friends... high school friends... when they were still in high school. I'm really not sure.

They're quiet now, so at least I can go to sleep. But I don't want to have to pull out the TMBG Plan** again, nor do I feel I should have to write "sleeping" on my door in an attempt to gain respect.

**A few years ago, I was surrounded by noisy partiers. One day, they wanted to listen to rap music - loud rap music - in the room across from mine. I wanted to have my door open to air the room out, but the music was loud enough to rattle the walls. So, I turned on They Might Be Giants' "Don't Let's Start" and cranked the volume up all the way. Within thirty seconds my neighbor's door slammed shut and the music was turned down. TMBG for the win.

So, now that it's quiet? I shall crash.

1 comment:

Ivory said...

i'd like to tie andi to a chair and shave her head......it's related, trust me.