Thursday, April 12, 2007

I need a nap

Aaaaaaargh.

End of the year stress is setting in.

I can always tell the exact moment when it hits. It's the first night that I have trouble getting to sleep because the choir music and the choreography are running through my head.

That was last night.

It's worse this year, though. I'm more responsible for what the group learns. I helped come up with the choreography, and I'm helping to teach it. We still have 2.5 movements of our medley to learn choreography for. We don't have any of our music memorized. And we have four scheduled rehearsals left until we go on tour.

Maybe I'm freaking out because the group had problems paying attention on Tuesday, and I'm worried that they'll keep doing it. Maybe it's because our director wants me to schedule all these extra rehearsals and doesn't understand why I can't attend any of them. Maybe it's because I feel that level of responsibility for the group's progress (especially since we're being listed as directors or something in the program), and I'm upset that I can't be there to help outside of the regularly scheduled rehearsals. Maybe it's because the director keeps saying that certain days are ours to teach choreography, and then she spends 20min working on something else, throwing me into panic mode and thus making it hard for me to teach.

Also, tech rehearsals for the dance show start on Monday (which is one of the reasons I can't be at extra choir rehearsals), and I have yet to find a job. I might not even look until after tour. If I get my name out there now, and someone wants me to drive down for an interview in these next couple weeks, I'm going to be so upset with myself for losing a good opportunity. Maybe I'm missing that good opportunity by pausing my search, but if I'm going to miss it, I'd rather not be aware that it existed in the first place.

So, here's what needs to be done - collectively - in the next week or so.
  • Learn choreography for 2.5 movements of the medley. And go over what we have already learned at least a few more times.
  • Learn a song. Yes, there's a part of one that we haven't even gone over yet.
  • Memorize all music.
  • Get tour posters up around campus/town.
  • Figure out if we're doing the spotlighter's dance at the show.
  • Learn it if we are.
  • But first, figure out who the hell our fourth spotlighter is going to be.
  • Fall behind on blogging, and panic because I once again cannot think of a good topic for a paper.


Holy crap. But I should stop whining and do homework.

No comments: