Sunday, April 15, 2007

Hi, it's me. Again.

Today ='ed panic.

I was scheduled to work all afternoon with two n00bs. I was worried how well that would go over. They handled it pretty well, though. I still received a barrage of questions, but that was to be expected.

I had to call the boss four times though. All during busy times.
1) the register said "drawer open" and we couldn't do anything, and I couldn't find the manager's key with which to restart the register
2) nevermind, the register magically fixed itself
3) a guy from the coffee shop came over wondering if we could loan him a box or three of straws
4) the gift card machine stopped working
And call 5) was to tech support so I could fix the damn machine, all for a lady who said she'd wait through a five-minute call but then took her $20 and went awol halfway through, all while continuing to field such queries as "what kind of ice cream do I use to make _______" and "we're out of pineapple."

I deserve a raise, bitches.

I have a paper due Thursday, and I'm kinda torn on what to write about. There are four options:
1) Transgression (read: breaking a law or crossing a boundary)
2) Work (a specific moment)
3) Define a mood
4) Something you've always wanted to do but didn't/couldn't/haven't
#3 would be really hard for me to write about, and I didn't have any decent ideas for #4. That leaves #1 and #2. I've already written about work for this class, so I'd rather not do it again. My only decent idea for #1, though, was when the bf and I were bickering in an elevator in downtown Minneapolis over the summer, and his friend said "why are mommy and daddy fighting?", causing a ganger with a gun to glare at us. I don't think I could write for four pages about that. We had to write minipapers this past week, however, and the first topic I chose fit #2 perfectly. It detailed a phone conversation I had at work, and it's a funny-slash-wtf story. The only problem is that it wasn't even finished before I realized that it was twice as long as it needed to be for that assignment. So, maybe I'll write about that. At least I saved what I had written for the last assignment, so I can just flesh out what I already have.

Or maybe I could find a way for the transgression story to work. I could use all sorts of examples to show how much we bicker, and throw some moral in at the end. I don't know what the chances are of that plan coming out to 4+ pages, but it might be worth a shot.

No comments: