Thursday, March 29, 2007

I did it!

I finally got to try out the clarifications I received from the designer of that skull scarf. And look!



It ended up being incredibly freaking easy. See, there's a stitch called a "yarn over," and then there's wrapping your yarn around the needle and pretending it's a stitch. I tried the wrapping method, and it looked really fucked up, so I ripped the whole thing apart and started over, wanting to somehow try the technical yarn over stitch when I should've known damn well that wasn't going to work over bound off stitches. [/jargon] But apparently I needed to do the pseudo-stitch method and realize that it was just going to look fucked up for now. See, once I finish it's going to be dunked in water and soap and magically turned into a felt-like fabric. Okay, the process is a bit more complicated than that (and I'm kinda nervous about how it's going to work in the dorms). But either way, I'll be able to cut all those yarnies going across the nose and eye holes, and it'll look pretty, and I'll be able to give it to the bf.

*jumps around*

I've also been working on those fingerless gloves a wee bit. I finally finished the resized left glove, except for the thumb.

Right now I need to go be productive for a while, though. The bf's been talking about how this week and next week are the prime hiring times, and it reminded me that I still don't have a resume. At all. I would love to get a real job straight out of college. So, off to work on that.

But first, watch Barenaked Ladies sing a song in a bathroom.

1 comment:

frilly said...

Ah, that does make sense. Yay!

...and get to resumeness! :^D