Thursday, March 22, 2007

K2tog, yo

The past few nights, I've been having dreams about knitting. Intricate knitting. And then I wake up with a full bladder.

This is irritating for a few reasons:
1) I hate waking up in the middle of the night. If I'm not going to get a full night's sleep, I at least want to sleep straight through.
2) Even if I have to get up and use the bathroom at 5am, I have to use it again when I actually get up at 7:30.
3) Why the correlation?

*changes topics*

I worked with Cold Stoner 4 Life yesterday. She's said that she plans to start looking for another job, but whatever, the name stays. Anyway. She tried conning me into working today.
her: "Grr, I don't want to be here. Want to work tomorrow?"
me: "What time?"
her: "My shift." (The day shift)
me: "Uh, I have class and my other job."
her: *pouts and walks away*
Um, ok? Just because I work day shifts on the weekend doesn't mean I can do it during the week. Remember, I'm busting my ass to finish college here. I should also note that she called at the beginning of spring break (the night we got back from Canada), said she needed someone to cover a couple hours, and couldn't remember if I was going out of town. I'm regularly scheduled for the same shifts every weekend. If I'm suddenly not on the schedule, that would typically mean that I asked for days off, right?

I should also also note that my boss wanted me to let her know when my last day would be, like, now. So I put in a note for a day in mid-May and left for spring break. CS4L then went poking through the boss' inbox, read the note as that same day in mid-March, and did the following:
a) panicked ("she quit but she was still scheduled! how are we going to cover her shifts?")
b) took my name off the contact list
c) convinced everyone else that I wasn't coming back
d) re-read the note a couple days later and saw that it actually said May
The mistake is kind of funny, but at the same time, I'm thinking of telling the boss. Here's another ordered list:
a) An employee shouldn't be snooping through a boss' messages, even if the bosses are out of town and also related to said employee.
b) I realize that I scribble sometimes, but seriously, it's not bad enough that you can't decipher between "March" and "May."
c) Thanks for changing paperwork and spreading rumors, bitch.

Heh. CS4L sounds like a robot name. I should go do my homework that's due at 2pm.

No comments: