Wednesday, May 16, 2007

And all of Ruby Falls was singing along

I first started going to Music in the Zoo concerts in 2002. I had wanted to go previously, but never did for some reason. In '02, Great Big Sea was playing, and I dragged a couple friends. It was amazing. Not only is it a small venue, but it holds sentimental value, as it was the stage where I graduated from high school. It was crazy/awesome thinking, "hey, I once stood where Alan Doyle is standing right now." Not to mention that it was only a 15-minute drive from my parents' house. Can't beat that.

A year later, Guster took the same stage. Fucking amazing show.

A couple days ago, I got an email from my mom, letting me know that Guster is playing TWO shows at the zoo in July. Then I got an email from the Guster newsletter list thingy today that mentioned it. And who's opening?

Ben Kweller.

Holy crap! I bought my tickets today before it went any crazier. Second night, ninth row, on the right side, but not too far off of center. And this is the presale, folks.


In other news, I started thinking of other job ideas today. Maybe retail store-level work is the thing for me right now. I started looking at management positions at Barnes and Noble and such, but then I jumped back and considered commission sales at a cell phone retailer. A sales class was required for my major, so it would apply, kinda. It looks like it starts at $8-10/hr base, plus whatever commission you make. And I'd be looking at full time, so that could end up around $1600/month. And potential room for advancement. Hell, it's a job where my initial application is with a resume. That's a sign of higher maturity right there.

But first, I need to get my room packed. Holy crap.

No comments: